The International Network for the Study of Lyric (INSL) is a free nonprofit association of scholars interested in the study of the theory of poetry.
The network was officially founded in October 2015 at the University of Fribourg in Switzerland. The impetus for the foundation of INSL was the perception that as a research field, the theory of poetry (or theory of the lyric) is unduly fragmented along linguistic, national and disciplinary lines. Consequently INSL aims to foster international discussion and exchange across different literary traditions and languages, sharing and distributing information and scholarly work on the theory of poetry.
The INSL Steering Committee currently consists of five Members:
- Ralph Müller, University of Fribourg, Switzerland (Chair)
- Hans Kristian Rustad, University of Oslo, Norway (Secretary)
- Heather Dubrow, Fordham University, New York, USA
- Antonio Rodriguez, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
- William Waters, Boston University, USA